When I became a new mother almost eight years ago, living in Norway and discovering the world of toys for the first time, I fell in love with playsilks. My daughter Sydney and I would play peek-a-boo with the silky pieces of cloth...the stimulation and color was so perfect for a newborn! I really do think my strong belief in freeform play was helpfully shaped by these vibrant playsilks.
Beyond the obvious manner of using our playsilks for peek-a-boo or as a lovey, here are some other ways you and your baby can enjoy them:
1) Use one as a substitute for tissue paper when giving a baby gift.
2) A blue scarf makes a fun (non-messy!) lake to sail a boat.
3) As a fun accessory to wave around during music/dance time.
4) A red scarf can make a doll an instant superhero.
5) Use as soup when playing with pretend food.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Annie and I are sending out the April newsletter in just a few days, so be sure to sign up if you haven't had a chance yet (see the upper righthand side of our homepage).